Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Placement!

Last week, I was sent the email with my placement for JET and I think I'm really going to like it.
I got Suzuka City, in Mie Prefecture! Woot!
To give you an idea of where that is exactly, let's look at a handy dandy map.

As you can see by the teeny tiny map in the bottom right hand corner, it's pretty close to major cities and it's on Japan's main island (Honshu). While the Mie Prefecture is, as a whole, considered a rural prefecture, Suzuka is one of the more urban parts of the area. I'm pretty happy that I'll be so close to the water, considering I'm no where near the ocean at home.
Also, the other JETs in Mie seem to be really friendly and have already been extremely helpful on the MieJets.org forum.
While I'm still nervous about the big move, I'm also very excited. I don't think it's quite hit me yet that I'm actually leaving home. I don't think it will until I'm headed to DC for the Predeparture Orientation....

Regardless, I'm feeling fairly optimistic about everything at the moment. I'm ready for adventure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment